Hounslow CAMHS has a separate website
Heart of Hounslow Centre for Health
92 Bath Road
020 8630 2050
020 8630 3267
CAMHS stands for child and adolescent mental health services. We provide mental health assessment and treatment for children, young people (aged 0-18) and their families living in the London Borough of Hounslow.
We’re not a hospital and we don’t have beds, but we do have many different specialists who are experts in children’s and young people’s emotional and mental health.
Our job is to promote emotional wellbeing and provide treatment to children and young people with mental health problems.
We offer talking therapies and medication. We may offer help on an individual, family or group basis. The treatment options will be fully explained and discussed with you.
We also provide advice, consultation and support to schools and other organisations that work with young people.
We employ mental health professionals in a number of multi-agency teams across the borough, which may be led by other agencies, such as Social Services.
We’re a specialist service, so children and young people may be seen by other services first (eg social workers or doctors). If we think that CAMHS is the right place to help a child, we’ll offer an initial assessment appointment.
At this appointment we meet with children and their parents/carers to find out about the things that are worrying them and to decide whether the child or young person needs our help.
First appointments usually involve both child and parents, but some teenagers may want to be seen alone. We would then offer a separate appointment for the parents.
What do people mean when they talk about tiers?
The tiered mental health model is a way of thinking about how services are organised in relation to the complexity of the situation. People may use services at several different levels at the same time.
- Tier 1: GPs and other single health and local authority workers are at tier 1.
- Tier 2: Non-consultant led multi-agency teams led by an organisation other than West London Mental Health Trust (eg Social Services).
- Tier 3: Consultant led specialist CAMHS teams, made up of a mix of professionals.
People that can refer to us work in:
- Health, eg GPs, school nurses, paediatricians.
- Social care, eg social workers, ASSIST workers.
- Education, eg educational psychologists, SENCos.
- Youth justice, eg police, YOT workers.
- Youth work, eg Connexions PAs.