Applications for legal gender recognition require a general medical report which can be completed by your GP and a specialist medical report which must be completed by a specialist Chartered Psychologist, Psychiatrist or other medical Practitioner on the Gender Recognition Panel’s specialist register.

GIC clinicians are registered with the Gender Recognition Panel and you can usually use the report letter from your second assessment as a Gender Recognition Report when applying for a Gender Recognition Certificate. If this is not sufficient please speak to your GIC clinician about providing a non-NHS letter.