This page contains extra tips and advice that you may find helpful. Don’t forget to check the FAQ page as well.

CRB procedures for transsexual people

 If you are required to complete a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) disclosure, you can choose to use the confidential checking process.

If you’re happy for your previous details to be disclosed on a completed disclosure, you should complete the Disclosure Application Form (DAF) as you normally would.

If you don’t want your previous details to be disclosed to your employer or to appear on the completed disclosure, you should call Katie Howell direct, on 0151 676 1452. She works for the Criminal Records Bureau and will advise you what to do.

If you don’t feel comfortable talking to her about this you will need to give her the name of someone that she can deal with on your behalf. You can also write to her by email if you prefer at, asking to use the confidential checking process, or by post to:


Katie Howell
1st Floor South
Criminal Records Bureau
PO BOX 165
L69 3JD

Gender Identity Clinic myths

Download our top GIC myths that are untrue.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Print
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Blogplay
Download pdf of this page