The GIC is a very busy clinic, with appointments booked several months in advance.
It is important that you attend your appointments. We understand that you may need to travel a considerable distance to attend appointments and that this is not always easy. It is important, however, that if you are unable to attend an appointment you tell us as soon as possible. We can then offer that appointment space to someone else and re-schedule your appointment date.
Appointments are scheduled with a 15-minute booking in time. This gives you the opportunity to check in and allows us to update your details as required.
If you don’t attend your first one hour appointment or cancel it at short notice, we will assume that you no longer need our service and you will be discharged.
In the same way, if follow-up appointments are not attended and you are not in contact with us we may assume you do not require the service and any future attendance at the clinic would require both you and your GP to be satisfied that re-referral is appropriate.
To let us know you can’t make it to an appointment, call 020 8483 2801 and you may be asked to write to your clinician.
If you are considering bringing a friend or family member with you to the clinic, please be aware that questions of a sensitive and intimate nature are often asked, especially during assessments. You should be mindful of this and consider beforehand whether or not you want them to sit through the appointment.
Changed your GP, address or other details? downloading the change of demographics form and sending it back to us.
Please let us know as soon as possible by
What to bring with you to the GIC
- A supportive friend or family member if you feel this would be helpful.
- A list of questions or things you would like to say.
- Your home address.
- Your telephone number.
- Your GP’s address and telephone number.
- Your psychologist or psychiatrist’s address and telephone number, if you are continuing to see them.
- A list of any medications that you are currently taking, prescribed or not.
- A copy of any official documentation to indicate that you have changed your name.